Thursday, October 12, 2017

Curation Tools: PLN Step 6

Write a post on your blog about what you learned.  The focus here is to reflect on your learning. For example, ‘What did you learn about using curation for building a PLN that you didn’t know?’, ‘What did you like/not like about the popular curation tools?’, ‘What advice did we give that you don’t agree with or we should have included?’ "

I think curation is a great ability for one to have, especially in the education profession, but for any one else as well. I've never used Evernote or Flipgrid but they are both very useful tools. I personally downloaded Flipgrid because I like the idea of using it to get news in one place. 

Evernote seems very usable, but I'm not sure that it will replace the document tools I already use. While I like that it is concise and keeps all my files in one place, but since I already use 2-3 apps that do similar things and have all my files on there already, I do not see myself switching to using Evernote singularly.

I wish the article had more comparisons between curation apps, though. It gave many examples of curation apps to use, but it didn't really tell what each one does. It would have been nice to see some comparisons before I had to decide which one I wanted to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEAC 451

I found this article very interesting because I had never before questioned the way in which we teach students throughout the entire history...