Thursday, October 5, 2017

Response to "Women's History Month: 6 Lesson Plan Resources for Teachers"

Recently, I read a post on Matt Davis' edutopia blog about Women's History Month, which is in March. Read it here: https://www.edutopia.org/blog/womens-history-month-lesson-plans-matt-davis

It may seem silly to be planning lessons that I won't use for months, but I think it makes sense to plan that into the schedule of things I want to cover. I don't want to make a last minute change and not have enough time to cover all the topics I need to in my class.

I loved this blog post! It had great resources for teachers, including fully formed lesson plans for a multitude of grades. Utilizing this time to discuss gender stereotypes in class is a great point that the blog post brought up. That's a hard discussion to have with young minds, especially when you feel strongly, as I do, about it. The post supplies resources to bring up that topic and to enhance your class discussion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEAC 451

I found this article very interesting because I had never before questioned the way in which we teach students throughout the entire history...