I loved visiting the Innovation Studio on our Innovation Campus during class on Thursday! I had never been to that campus before and found it to be a great opportunity for me to learn about some of the amazing things our university is doing.
I had no idea that we had access to a space like the one we saw. I was inspired throughout the tour to start generating ideas of cool and fun things I could do with all the advanced technology there. And all at such a low cost!
I was very interested in the laser cutter. Right now, my mind is on Christmas presents and what I am going to give to my friends and family. I think that the laser cutter offers many unique opportunities for gifts: engraving names into Yeti mugs, cutting boards, etc.
Also, I have always wanted to try my hand at sculpting. I'm not much of an artist, but I do believe that anyone can learn, and I would love to attend a class with the sculptor there. I was inspired by the works-in-progress of his that were on the shelf in the last room we saw, as well as the faces that he showed us in the 3D printer room.
There is so much value in having this kind of technology available at a low cost and with guided instruction on how to use it! These kinds of spaces can help inspire a new love for something within a person, and could create a better appreciation for handmade objects and the arts in our society.
No comments:
Post a Comment